MALTEPE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CONGRESS
GLOBAL PROBLEMS OF THE 21st CENTURY AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
Maltepe University takes pride in inviting undergraduate and graduate students to send in their abstracts for the 6th International Student Congress to be held at Maltepe University, Istanbul, Turkey between 17 and 20 April of 2018.
Since 2013, Maltepe University International Student Congress (MUISC) has hosted students from all around the world giving them the opportunity to express and share research interests and ideas on a variety of important issues in their respective fields of study.
The main theme of MUISC 2018 on Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (FAHASS) will be “Global Problems of the 21st Century and Possible Solutions.” MUISC welcomes any submission from undergraduate and graduate students on the conference tracks listed below.
- Globalization and Urbanization
- Globalization and Gender
- Globalization and Publicness
- Social Rights and Policies
- Migration, Refugees and Integration
- Sustainable Development in the Era of Globalization
- Globalization and Innovation
- Globalization and Governance
- Global Security and Terrorism
- Global Justice
- Nationalism in the Era of Globalization
- Globalization, Democracy and National Sovereignty
- Globalization and Civil Society
- Glocalism: Between Locals and Globalization
- Current Issues in Global Economy
- Management and Governance in the Global Era
- Globalization and Entrepreneurship
- Global Energy Policies
- Globalization and E-commerce
- Intercultural Convergence
- Globalization and Logistics
- Globalization and Climate Changes
- Communicating Global Issues in a Changing World
- Intercultural Communication
- Global Culture Industry
- Global Digital Communication
- Mass Media in the Global World
- Global Public Relations and Strategic Communication
- Political Communication in Global World
- Representation Problems in Global Media
- Access Problems and Digital Divide in Global World
- Media Censorship and Surveillance Issues
- Global Media and Peace Building
- Social Rights and Policies
- Technology and Globalizing Interactions
- Media and Internet Surveillance
- Epidemics, Population Increase, Disasters and Risk Society in the Age of Globalization
- Migration, Refugees and Integration
- Human Rights
- Children’s Rights
- New Patterns of Mothering and Fathering
- Bias and Discriminations in a Globalizing World
- Social State and Globalization
- Constructing and Experiencing Identities in the Age of Globalization
- New Perceptions of “Self”, “Social Space” and “Communication”
- New Perceptions of “Normal” and “Abnormal”, “Sanity and “Insanity”
- War and/or Living Together
- City and New Experiences of City in a Globalizing World
- Debates of Postmodernity and Globalization
- Future of the Society
- Subalternity and Poverty
- Global Crimes
- Globalization and Immigration
- Cyber Crimes
- Human Rights Violations
- Globalization and Territorialisation
- Crypto Currency Units: Bitcoins etc.
- Offshore Accounts
- Big 5 and the Issue of States’ Representation in International Law
- Climate Law
- Space Law
- Virtual Trade and Tax Policy of States
- Brand Law in Globalization
- Globalization and Intellectual Property Rights
FAHASS accepts submissions from students of Fine Arts, Communication, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Political Science and International Relations/Public Administration, Law and related fields of Vocational Schools.
Abstracts must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com and should contain a clear outline of the argument, theoretical framework, methodology and results.
Abstract Submission Deadline: January 12, 2018
Extended Deadline: January 26, 2018
Notice of Acceptance: February 16, 2018
MUISC 2018 FAHASS: April 17-20, 2018
There is no registration fee for the Congress. It is sponsored by Maltepe University, hence, all expenses are paid by Maltepe University. Our event
The accommodation of the participants during the Congress at 5-starred-"Marma Hotel Istanbul"
Transfers from airports to the hotel and from hotels to the airports
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
Access to all sessions
Transfer demands from the campus to the city center
Extra drinks and meals
Guests’ participation and expenses
Visa expenses –if required-
We kindly ask lecturers, instructors and professors to circulate this call widely across undergraduate and graduate students. This will be a unique occasion to visit the legendary city of Istanbul, where you can enjoy the harmony of cultures, people & the rhythm of diversities. Istanbul is the only city in the world where you can enjoy your meal with the landscape of another continent. (http://english.istanbul.com/) There will be plenty of opportunities for socialization and organized trips.
Participating students will be joining fellow students from Turkey and across the world to debate various issues in the context of “GLOBAL PROBLEMS OF THE 21st CENTURY AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS” in a conference organized by students for students, with the support of academics at the following faculties of Maltepe University: Faculty of Education, Faculty of Fine Arts, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Business Administration and Management, Faculty of Communication and Vocational School.
The special theme of FAHASS on Fine Arts will be “Consumption”. In the era of All That Is Solid Melts into Air, “consumption” appears as an inevitable issue in every aspect of life. The question is that in this liquid modernity whether or not the art as a notion has been transformed, melted and even eviscerated as a result of the consumer society. Present-day art, just like as an ordinary commercial corporation, offers occupational opportunities, lucrative investments and elevated consuming objects and all the things essentially the things that unrelated to the art can be turned into the art.
The offered key-concepts at this context:
· Art as a Consumption-Object
· Art as a Incorporated Company
· Art and Branding Relationship
· Art Galleries, Museums, Stages / Public Space
· Artwork / Open Work of Art
· Art, Modernism, Postmodernism
· Modern Society and The Conspiracy of Art
· Art and Potency Relationship
· Art and Social Media
· Art, Public Relations and Media
· Art, Auction Sale and Art Collectors
FAHASS also expects an exhibition, performings, dance performances and film screenings of undergraduate and graduate students about the Fine Arts special theme. Performings, dance performances, film screenings and its synopsis, photos of exhibition, title and artist's statement of the photo must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered by Board of Referees. Synopsis and artist's statement must be prepared according to paper guidelines.
The details for Fine Arts Work:
Exhibition Photos (70X100 .jpeg format)
Film screenings (DVD Format, HD Quality)
The .jpeg version of original work that will be exhibited, photoblocked and shown in a catalogue, will not given back after its use
The text of the abstracts should be submitted in English ONLY, in a separate Word document in the following format: max. 250 words, 1.5 line spaced Arial (Plain) 11-point font (except for title which should be 14-point font), A4 size page formatting, with the page margins of 2.5 cm from the left, top and bottom and 2 cm from the right.
Your abstract should include:
1- an introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
2- a brief description of the basic theory/perspective and methodology
3- a clear indication of the major analysis and interpretation
4- a concluding statement
- Abstracts should include title of paper, full name(s) of author(s), institutional affiliation, 250-word abstract which best describes the subject of your submission and e-mail address(es).
- Papers should not have been presented, published or accepted to be published elsewhere.
- Papers should be written in English and sent in MS Word-(doc/docx) format. PDF format cannot be accepted.
- Paper should not be more than 10 pages, including tables, charts, appendixes and references.
- Papers should be typed 1.5-spaced on one side of a standard A4 paper with Times New Roman pt 12, left margin 2,5 cm, bottom-top margin 3 cm and right margin 2,5cm.
- Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes.
All abstracts will be published in Student Congress of Booklet of “GLOBAL PROBLEMS OF THE 21st CENTURY AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS” before the congress is held.
Don’t forget to register on Registration Form
Presidents: Halime GÖKSU, Gökhan MENEKŞE and AItar KIVRAK
Secretary General of FAHASS Congress: Faruk Metin KÜÇÜK